Wednesday, August 27, 2008

6 Days and counting...

This will more than likely be my last post before I begin (gulp) seminary. Yes, the final countdown has begun, and soon I will be considered a full time student. I have gone through a wide range of emotions in the last few days and I am sure that the roller coaster will continue all the way until I set foot on campus Tuesday, September 2nd at 8:00 am.

Yesterday was definitely "Freak Out" day. I researched several topics online regarding classes, upcoming plans, courses and requirements - and in the end of it all I just really started to wig out. Am I really doing this? All of this discernment and now here I am about to actually start? Will I be able to make the cut? Will I meet cool people or will all of my classmates be dilweeds? I also came to the realization that I can kiss my lazy fun time goodbye - no more couch potato afternoons/evenings of back to back to back Arrested Development, The Office or Scrubs episodes - nope, most of my time will be spent reading, studying and doing group projects. But, in the end of the wigging out I received a much needed pep talk from my number one supporter (Rebecca) and I realized that I was going to be okay - I would survive, if not conquer the challenges ahead.

Other than Freak Out day, I have been gearing up and getting super excited for seminary. This is what I've been called to do and what I want to do - 2 things I've longed to be in harmony for as long as I can remember. The nervousness is still there and I know there are extremely difficult days ahead, but I also know that God will be with me throughout it all, and this is going to be one incredible journey that will change my life in amazing ways.

Before the seminary journey begins at orientation on Tuesday, I must ring in the new year with pazazz. That's right - I owe it to myself to rock out a little - to let the hair down and party like there's no tomorrow. And what better way to do so than to crash a wedding? Well, it's not exactly crashing per se, but I will be going to a wedding (of my sister in law) and I will be having the time of my life. And after that - the great Minnesota get-together, aka, The State Fair. I can't possibly start a new adventure on an empty stomach - no, I will have a full belly of mini-donuts, corndogs, cheese curds, a chocolate malt, bottomless milk and something on a stick rolling around in there to take me through.

May all of your summers end well. Bring on September!

No comments: